No Purchase Necessary. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Sweepstakes is open to all U.S. Citizens that are legal residents of the continental United States and are at least 18 years of age at the time of entry except in Puerto Rico, Alaska, Hawaii, Virgin Islands, Guam and other US territories. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited or restricted.
1. Eligibility: By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and/or its agents. Odds of winning prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. Employees and directors of HarperCollins Publishers, (“Sponsor”), HBCUConnect.com their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and their advertising and promotional agencies and the immediate family (spouse, mother, father, sister, brother, daughter or son, regardless of where they live) or members of the households of such employees and directors (whether or not related) are not eligible. By entering, you agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects.
2. Email and Privacy: You can access Sponsor’s web site (www.hbcuconnect.com) to participate in this Sweepstakes by clicking on a banner, icon or other link on web site. By submitting the registration form entrants can click an icon to opt-out of the use of their personal information for future contact. If entrant opt-ins they agree to receive email or other communications from Sponsor, and the 32 Candles web site. You may subsequently opt-out of the receipt of such email or communications by following the directions in the email or contacting that web site. Whether you opt-in or opt-out will not affect your participation, or chances to win in this Sweepstakes.
3. Sweepstakes Period: Sweepstakes begins October 18, 2010 Eastern Standard Time (EST), and ends November 19, 2010 (EST). A day begins at 12:00:01 a.m. (EST) and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. (EST).
4. Entry: Visit the Sweepstakes website during the Sweepstakes Period by logging on to www.hbcuconnect.com. Follow the on-screen instructions and complete the electronic entry form by providing all of the information requested. Once the form is completed, the entrant must click the “Submit” button to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. All entries and materials submitted become the property of the Sponsor and shall not be acknowledged or returned. Limit: One (1) entry per person for the duration of the Sweepstakes Period. Entrants must provide all information requested to be eligible to win. Incomplete, unreadable, or unintelligible entries shall be disqualified. Entries are not transferable. Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means shall be disqualified. Each entrant must be the rightful owner or have authorized use of the e-mail address identified in the entrant’s entry. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winner shall be deemed to be the person in whose name the e-mail account governing the e-mail address was opened.
5. Drawing: Two winners will be selected as the grand prize winners for the Sweepstakes. Winner will be selected at random from the number of eligible entries received. There will be 100 runner-up prizes awarded to entrants, the Ernessa T. Carter book, 32 Candles.