I’ve had a pretty amazing week in that I gave my last book event speech of 2010, finished the second draft of THE AWESOME GIRLS GUIDE TO DATING EXTRAORDINARY MEN, received fantastic baby news from my copy editor/friend, began a new project (which I’ll tell you about after it’s done), and hit my pre-maternity weight (though it’s rather disturbingly been distributed in all new places). But enough about me, let’s break open our even more terrific week at FaN:
1. As I’ve mention many times before, 32 CANDLES is a failed NaNoWriMo challenge. So I found it all sorts of interesting to hear from Gudrun, who actually met her 50,000 wd goal a year after she did so. Also, Amy Robinson, you’re a rock star, b/c I didn’t even make it to the halfway point.
2. I made it a whole two days depending on LA transportation, before using $600 of the $3000 dollars I moved to LA with to buy a beater. Kelly is way more intrepid than I am.
3. Joe Rusin made me think that there might be an interesting documentary in visiting movie landmarks located outside of LA. Who knew about those dinosaurs from PEE WEE’S BIG ADVENTURE???
4. The writer in me wonders what the world would be like if everyone were asexual like Dr. Miro’s advice seeker this week. Hmm….
5. Kelli Bielema is a better woman than I. I’d let all of my teeth rot in my mouth if I was immune to novocaine.