By the time you read this I’ll be on my way to NYC for Saturday’s Circle of Sisters Book Club. So hoping to see a bunch of you there. Meanwhile here are my thoughts about our super-terrific week at Fierce and Nerdy.
1. Like Michael Kass, I’m not a huge fan of Halloween. But my Halloween trauma story involves wearing a plastic Shera costume to my popular-girl cousin’s Halloween party, only to find out that everyone else was wearing non-plastic costumes. Since then I’ve come to accept that I will almost always be wearing the wrong thing at any given party. But that memory still burns.
2. Debra G, if CH lost his job and I could not finagle another book deal, I’d be okay with selling off every piece of furniture that we own — save our bookshelves. That is all.
3. You know I’ve never worn a slutty Halloween costume, but Dr. Miro kind of made me want to give it a swing. Next year. This year I’m going to be in NYC, probably having breakfast with Dr. Miro, then catching a matinee of FELA, then going down to New Jersey for my new goddaughter’s first Halloween. Fun! Fun!
4. I’ve also never cut a date short with a fake sickness, so I was very impressed that Alex or Emmy was able to do this with a straight face. Hoping there’s a part 2 to this story.
5. Zack’s inspirational blogumn about more creative Halloween costumes made me feel really bad that I haven’t bothered w/ a Halloween costume this year — but um, not bad enough to to actually dress up. See #3.